The heat has reached its peak.
I love styling my wardrobe during this time of year because the weather pushes me to create eye-catching outfits out of only a couple pieces -- wearing more than that would be just painful.
To put together simple outfits that pop, you'll want to combine pieces you love with styling techniques that don't add bulk.
And this week, I'm show you how.
1. Mix summer whites with straw hats.
2. Give crop tops a try. While they get a bad rap for being a sexy item, a crop top can also be playful, retro and whimsical.
3. Use vertical lines in your outfit. The line created by the gold buttons on the skirt draws your eye in, thus creating your slimmest silhouette.
4. Use graphic detail to project your personality in every thing you wear. And yes, it's true, I love the beach, lobster rolls and all the mythical creatures in the sea.
5. Do a summer version of a Canadian Tuxedo (a.k.a. denim on denim).
6. Mix metals.
7. Keep it simple and switch to mules. Slide 'em on and you're ready to go.
8. But also get a sexy crop top for date night.
9. Pattern match like a pro by wearing two similar patterns of different sizes, i.e. 2 black & white pieces, 1 stripe is bigger than another.
10. Make sure you have fun even when you're sweaty, cause guess what girl... it's making you glow!