Creating stylish outfits is not just about what's in your closet, it's about how you put it together.
The Greer Style Tasting is a 90-minute, in-home personal styling session designed to teach you how to work with your current wardrobe in new ways that will make your closet and style feel fresh and fashion-forward.
I apply the same principle in this session as I do in my own closet: When you have fewer clothes and more outfits to work with, getting dressed becomes satisfying, fun and easy.
This session is perfect for you if any of these sound familiar:
You consider yourself creative, but can’t seem to think creatively about what’s in your closet.
You want stylish and practical outfits for an upcoming vacation or work trip.
You want a fresh perspective on the closet you’ve starred into a thousand times.
You’re a quick learner and want a jumping off point to create more outfits on your own.
You’ve never worked with an image consultant before and want a taste of what it’s like.
You know there’s good stuff in your closet, but keep going back to the same outfits again and again.
You want to learn your color palette, body type and how to style what you’ve got.
You love bold colors and patterns, but are lost on how they can all work together.
You’ve got pieces of jewelry you love, but shy away from using them, because you're not sure how to do it.
You love fashion and want practical advice on what you’ve bought and how to style it.
Your weight fluctuates and you want to make the most out of the pieces that currently fit.
By knowing exactly what works best on your body type, what colors suit your natural beauty and how to style what’s in your closet, the sky’s the limit as far as how many outfit combinations you can continuously create.
In this session I style my way through your wardrobe, while simultaneously teaching you how to do it along the way, which means you feel genuinely confident and creative in your closet long after I leave.
I talk about how necklaces work with particular necklines, how colors link together to create an effortlessly stylish outfit, how the ideal proportion will make any outfit pop.
This session includes five core parts, and each part is 100% tailored to your unique style needs.
The first part is the color analysis. Knowing your color palette is crucial for three main reasons.
- The right colors will make you look rested, radiant, alert and professional. The wrong colors can make you look tired, bored and older than you are, so knowing the difference is key to always looking and feeling your best.
- Colors from one color palette seamlessly flow together, which means if your entire closet is in one palette, it makes it easier for you to style your wardrobe in the future.
- When you know your best colors, you can then use those colors to create personal and professional messages in your clothes that make you look powerful, approachable, confident, etc...Color then becomes a useful tool for you to apply in any situation.
Once we’ve completed the color analysis, we head into the closet to begin exploring. In the closet, we tackle many different tasks.
The first component of diving into the closet is personal styling. I put together a number of different outfits in ways you’ve never thought to put them together before. I style you from head to toe, so we incorporate your jewelry, scarves, shoes and of course, clothing.
I tailor the session entirely to your wardrobe desires, which means we can style you for all seasons or for the specific season we’re in at the time. We can focus on styling you for an upcoming trip or prepping your every day work wear. We can style you for running around with the kids or entering the dating scene again. I style you for your lifestyle. As I style you, I also take pictures of each outfit styled, so you can easily reference them when getting dressed in the future.
The second piece of the diving into your closet is educating you on the styling techniques and wardrobe tricks I use.
I put a big emphasis on education in all the work I do, because I want you to genuinely feel confident in your closet and clothing in the future.
This means I don’t just slap a bunch of clothes on you leaving you without a clue of how to do it on your own. Instead, I talk through why two pieces of clothing work together, how to easily roll your jeans up with booties, how to tie scarves, how to belt blouses, etc…I answer your particular style questions, so you can apply my styling techniques in the future.
The third part of digging into your closet is the closet clean out.
Closets should consist of fewer clothes and more outfits to choose from, which is why I weed through your wardrobe as I style you.
This is a very sensitive part of the process, because even if we don’t want to admit it, we are all emotionally tied to our clothing. Because of this, it’s important that you know, this is a democracy and not a dictatorship. I will not make you get rid of anything you are not ready to get rid of. I will simply bring to your attention anything that’s ill-fitting, unflattering or outdated, so that if you’re ready to part with it, we can say goodbye to it together. From there, if you don’t have a particular charity you would like to donate those pieces to, I donate them on your behalf to Dress for Success or Goodwill depending on the type of items they are (professional wear or weekend wear).
The last piece of working through your current closet is creating a shopping list. Now while I’m a firm believe in fewer clothes, more outfits, there are sometimes small holes to fill in your current closet. That’s where the shopping list comes in. The shopping list is your guide to knowing what to buy that will be a helpful addition to your closet. Pieces like a black pencil skirt or open-toe brown booties or a long, silver pendant necklace might be just the thing to elevate what you’ve already got in your closet. Whatever it is that will work well in your current closet, I add to my Greer Guide to Style digital booklet, which I send you after our session.
In addition to the shopping list, my Greer Guide to Style digital booklet includes my hair stylist recommendation, professional dressing tips, closet tips, a tailor recommendation in your area, a list of pieces that need to be tailored (if any) from your current closet, my make up artist recommendation, GIC VIP discounts to local Austin businesses, plus my list of wardrobe hacks that will make it easier to work with your clothes in the future.
What You'll Get
- 90-minutes of personal attention, expertise and advice to get your wardrobe and style back on track
- Color analysis: Learn exactly what colors look best on you and why.
- Personal styling: I create 10-20 different outfits you've never thought to put together from your current closet.
- Style + body education: I want you to feel empowered in your style, which means I teach you simple, styling techniques as I work through your closet.
- Closet clean out: We'll get rid of anything ill-fitting, unflattering and outdated that you're ready to part with.
- Lookbook of styled outfits to reference in the future
- Unwanted item donation
- Personal color palette color tool
- The Greer Guide to Style digital booklet and resource guide
- Shopping list of new items to acquire
- The Greer Style Boards to explore your individual style
- Hair stylist recommendation
- Tailor recommendation in your area
- The Greer Style Profile assessment
- GIC discounts to local businesses
- List of items to tailor from your closet
- Makeup artist recommendation
Raquel Greer Gordian is Austin’s top image consultant and personal stylist. Her mission is to demystify style and teach women that every outfit they wear is a reflection of their inherent beauty and power.