Turn your closet into a place you love to go every morning in this 3-hour wardrobe overhaul.
Right now, your closet may be overloaded from years of impulse buys, basics that have stacked up, or clothes from family and friends. To say the least, picking out your look each morning is stressful.
Choosing an outfit in the current state of the closet means going back to clothes you’ve worn so often before and outfits you’ve recycled dozens of times.
Getting dressed isn’t pleasant. It’s a daily chore. Perhaps you once saw it as fun, but that’s gone, and it’s currently just overwhelming.
In The Greer Style Session, a 3-hour, in-home personal styling session, I help you the gain clarity, knowledge, and outfits you need to get your style and wardrobe back on track and out of the chaos.
This Session Is All About
- Giving your wardrobe a thorough evaluation to ensure that it’s comprised of pieces that exclusively suit your style, body type, and current lifestyle.
- Styling you from head-to-toe with pieces from your current closet, so you consistently use way more of what you have than ever before.
- Teaching you the colors that look best on you, so you can shop for pieces in your palette going forward.
- Making a shopping list to fill any holes in your wardrobe and to include new styles that would be great for you to try, so your closet is truly complete.
Cleaning out the ill-fitting, outdated or unflattering items from your closet, so it’s easy to choose items you know look good in every morning.
Part 1: Pre-Session
Your personal style is s exactly that: personal.
Which is why it’s so important for me to understand exactly what your life looks like on a daily basis. Before we meet, I’ll send you two homework exercises: The Greer Style Profile and The Greer Style Boards. Together, these assessments will allow me to design our session around your unique life, upcoming events, and desired image, so you get the most out of our time together.
Part 2: The Color Analysis
This is the foundation of all our work in the session, because the color analysis allows us to rule out the not-so-hot colors from your wardrobe and highlight the ones that look amazing on you.
Part 3: Personal Styling
We head into the closet and put your current clothes to good use by creating fashion-forward outfits that fit your distinct style and life.
These are outfits you’ve never thought to put together before, so get excited, because there is always so much more in your closet than you could have ever imagined.
During this session, I apply the same principle in this session as I do in my own closet: When you have fewer clothes in your closet and more outfits to work with, getting dressed becomes satisfying, fun, and easy.
To do this, I simultaneously clean out as I style you.
Part 4: Education
As I style my way through your closet, I talk through the styling techniques and concepts I use along the way. This allows you to not only see my process, but view your closet and clothing through a sharper lens.
You see your style through my eyes. This means the personal styling doesn’t just happen in our session. Teaching you how I do it along the way allows you to continue to style and use my tips long after I’m gone.
Part 5: The Clean Out
I sort through and show you any ill-fitting, unflattering, or outdated pieces from your closet to ensure your wardrobe is filled only with the pieces that serve you at this time in your life.
All the pieces you're ready to get rid of, I donate on your behalf to SAFE Austin, leaving you with a fresh feel in your old closet.
Part 6: Organization
Out of sight, out of mind is never truer than in your wardrobe, which means if you can't see it, you won't use it. Throughout our time together, I'll make little adjustments to your closet layout, so your wardrobe becomes more visually appealing and simpler to navigate any time you’re picking out an outfit.
Part 7: The Shopping List
While I’m a firm believe in fewer clothes, more outfits, there are sometimes holes to fill in your closet. That’s where the shopping list comes in; it’s your guide to knowing what helpful additions to buy. Pieces like a black pencil skirt, open-toe stacked heels, or a long, silver pendant necklace might be just the thing to elevate what you’ve already got in your wardrobe.
Part 8: The Greer Guide To Style
After we've completed your session, I'll send you a look book of all the outfits I've styled, so you can easily reference them in the future. Along with those, I'll send my Greer Guide to Style digital resource booklet filled with professional dressing tips, closet tips, my hairstylist recommendation, my makeup artist recommendation, a tailor recommendation in your area, a list of items to be tailored from your wardrobe, my Greer VIP Austin discounts and more.
This Session is Perfect for You if
Your closet has built up over the course of a decade or more to overwhelming proportions.
You’ve inherited pieces from a relative or friends and are now ready to part with what you don’t love.
You want fewer clothes and more outfits, so getting dressed for work is a streamlined process.
You’ve tried to tackle cleaning out on your own, but only seem to make a dent.
You want to incorporate all parts of your closet such as necklaces, hats, and scarves into outfits you love.
You’re unsure of what looks trendy or dated in your closet, and want expert advice on what must go.
Your career is more casual than ever before and you want to know how to dress for it.
You want to look as creative as you are by learning how to put together fashion-forward outfits everyday.
You want the courage to date again and need outfits that make you feel confident for the journey.
You want to make the most out of your existing wardrobe.
Your style is not lost. You always have your style, but in the clutter and uncertainty of your closet, it can feel that way.
What You'll Get
- 3 hours of personal attention, expertise, and advice to get your style back on track
- Color analysis: Learn exactly what colors look best on you and why.
- Personal styling: I create 20-40 different outfits you've never thought to put together from your current closet.
- Style + body education: I want you to feel empowered in your style, which means I teach you simple styling techniques as I work through your closet.
- Closet clean out: We'll get rid of anything ill-fitting, unflattering, or outdated that you're ready to part with.
- Organizational tips to improve the aesthetic, layout, and navigability of your closet.
- Lookbook of styled outfits to reference in the future.
- Unwanted item donation to SAFE Austin.
- Personal color palette color tool.
- The Greer Guide to Style digital booklet and resource guide.
- Shopping list of new items to acquire.
- The Greer Style Boards to explore your individual style.
- Hair stylist recommendation.
- Tailor recommendation in your area.
- The Greer Style Profile assessment.
- GIC discounts to local businesses.
- List of items to tailor from your closet.
- Makeup artist recommendation.
Raquel Greer Gordian is Austin’s top image consultant and personal stylist. Her mission is to demystify style and teach women that every outfit they wear is a reflection of their inherent beauty and power.