Learn how to put together stylish outfits from your current closet in this 90-minute mini closet makeover.
Your closet needs some magic in it.
You’ve got a handful of pieces you like to wear, but as far as thinking outside the box, you’re a little lost on how to create anything that really reflects you.
You need some fresh ideas and styling techniques to rethink what’s in your wardrobe and develop new looks that are fun to wear.
The Greer Style Tasting is a 90-minute, in-home personal styling session designed to take you out of your typical closet thoughts and give you personalized outfit options that spark excitement in your wardrobe.
This Session Is All About
- Teaching you exactly what types of colors compliment your skin, eyes and hair color.
- Styling you into fresh and fashion-forward outfits from your current closet that you’ve never thought to put together before.
- Cleaning out pieces that are outdated or don’t fit your personal style and body type.
- Showing you my styling techniques as I style you, so you can apply them to your wardrobe going forward.
I style my way through your wardrobe, while simultaneously teaching you how to do it along the way, which means you feel genuinely confident and creative in your closet long after I leave.
I talk about styling techniques like how to pair certain necklaces with particular necklines, how to link colors to make an effortlessly stylish outfit, and how to create ideal proportion that will make any outfit pop.
This session consists of eight core parts, and each part is 100% tailored to your unique style needs.
Part 1: Pre-Session
To know about your style, I need to know about you.
Which is why, before the session even begins, we start shaping the direction and development of your image through two style assignments: The Greer Style Profile and The Greer Style Boards. These two exercises allow me to understand what your particular life is like on a daily basis and help you explainthe vision you have for your wardrobe.
Then we meet!
Part 2: The Color Analysis
The color analysis is designed to help you understand the colors that make you look rested and radiant. We also go over the colors to avoid, which don’t flatter your natural attributes.
Part 3: Personal Styling
I put together a number of different outfits in ways you’ve never thought of before. You'll absolutely love them. I style you from head to toe, which means I incorporate your jewelry, scarves, shoes and, of course, clothing.
I tailor the styling entirely to your wardrobe desires, which means we can style you for a specific season, upcoming trip, every day at the office, dating, or running around with your kids. I take pictures of each outfit styled, so you can easily reference them when getting dressed.
Part 4: The Education
I put a big emphasis on teaching you because I want you to genuinely feel confident in your clothing going forward.
This means I don’t just slap a bunch of clothes on you. Instead, I talk through why pieces of clothing, accessories, and shoes work together, and address questions like:
How do I roll up my jeans to the right length?
How do I tie up scarves?
How do I do a front tuck?
How do I add a waist or hip belt to my look?
Part 5: The Clean Out
Closets should consist of fewer clothes and more outfits to choose from, which is why I weed through your wardrobe as I style you.
This is a very sensitive part of the process because, even if we don’t want to admit it, we are all emotionally tied to our clothing. It’s important you know that I will never make you get rid of anything you are not ready to get rid of. I will simply bring to your attention anything that’s ill-fitting, unflattering, or outdated, so that if you’re ready to part with it, we can say goodbye to the item together.
If you don’t have a particular charity you would like to donate those pieces to, I donate them on your behalf to SAFE Austin.
Part 6: Organization
I give you organizational tips that make it easier to see what's in your closet and consistently use what's in there.
Part 7: The Shopping List
While I’m a firm believer in "fewer clothes, more outfits," there are sometimes holes to fill in your closet. That’s where the shopping list comes in; it’s your guide to knowing what helpful additions to buy. Pieces like a black pencil skirt, open-toe stacked heels, or a long, silver pendant necklace might be just the thing to elevate what you’ve already got in your wardrobe.
Part 8: The Greer Guide To Style
After we've completed your session, I'll send you a look book of all the outfits I've styled, so you can easily reference them in the future. Along with those, I'll send my Greer Guide to Style digital resource booklet filled with professional dressing tips, closet tips, my hairstylist recommendation, my makeup artist recommendation, a tailor recommendation in your area, a list of items to be tailored from your wardrobe, my Greer VIP Austin discounts and more.
This Session is Perfect for You if
You consider yourself creative, but can’t seem to think creatively about what’s in your closet.
You want stylish and practical outfits for an upcoming vacation or work trip.
You want a fresh perspective on the closet you’ve stared into a thousand times.
You’re a quick learner and want a jumping-off point to create more outfits on your own.
You’ve never worked with an image consultant before and want a taste of what it’s like.
You know there’s good stuff in your closet, but keep going back to the same outfits again and again.
You want to learn your color palette and body type, and how to style what you already own.
You love bold colors and patterns, but are lost on how they can all work together.
You’ve got pieces of jewelry you love, but shy away from using them because you're not sure how to do it.
You love fashion and want practical advice on what you’ve bought, like how to style it.
Your weight fluctuates and you want to make the most out of the pieces that currently fit.
What You'll Get
- 90-minutes of personal attention, expertise and advice on getting your style back on track
- Color analysis: Learn exactly what colors look best on you and why.
- Personal styling: I create 10-20 different outfits you've never thought to put together from your current closet.
- Style + body education: I want you to feel empowered in your style, which means I teach you simple styling techniques as I work through your closet.
- Closet clean out: We'll get rid of anything ill-fitting, unflattering, or outdated that you're ready to part with.
- Organizational tips to improve the aesthetic, layout, and navigability of your closet
- Lookbook of styled outfits to reference in the future
- Unwanted item donation to SAFE Austin
- Personal color palette color tool
- The Greer Guide to Style digital resource booklet
- Shopping list of new items to acquire
- The Greer Style Boards to explore your individual style
- Hair stylist recommendation
- Tailor recommendation in your area
- The Greer Style Profile questionnaire
- GIC discounts to local businesses
- List of items to tailor from your closet
- Makeup artist recommendation
Raquel Greer Gordian is Austin’s top image consultant and personal stylist. Her mission is to demystify style and teach women that every outfit they wear is a reflection of their inherent beauty and power.