Creating stylish outfits is not just about what's in your closet, it's about how you put it together.
Your closet needs some magic put back into it.
You’ve got a handful of pieces you like to wear, but as far as thinking outside the box with new outfit combinations, you’re a little lost on how to do it.
You need some fresh ideas and styling techniques to rethink what’s in your wardrobe and create new looks that feel fun to wear.
The Greer Style Tasting is a 90-minute, in-home personal styling session designed to take you out of your typical closet thoughts and give you personalized outfit options that spark excitement in your wardrobe.
I style my way through your wardrobe, while simultaneously teaching you how to do it along the way, which means you feel genuinely confident and creative in your closet long after I leave.
I talk about styling techniques like how to pair certain necklaces with particular necklines, how to link colors to make an effortlessly stylish outfit, and how to create ideal outfit proportion that will make any look pop.
This session consists of five core parts, and each part is 100% tailored to your unique style needs.
The first part is the color analysis. The color analysis is designed to help you understand the colors that make you look rested and radiant. We also go over the colors to avoid that don’t flatter your natural attributes.
The second task is personal styling. I put together a number of different outfits in ways you’ve never thought to put them together before. I style you from head to toe, so we incorporate your jewelry, scarves, shoes and of course, clothing.
I tailor the styling entirely to your wardrobe desires, which means we can style you for a specific season, upcoming trip, every day at the office, dating or running around with your kids. I take pictures of each outfit styled, so you can easily reference them when getting dressed.
The third part is education.
I put a big emphasis on learning in all the work I do, because I want you to genuinely feel confident in your clothing going forward.
This means I don’t just slap a bunch of clothes on you. Instead, I talk through why two pieces of clothing work together, and address questions like:
How do I roll up your jeans?
How do I tie up scarves?
How do I do a front tuck?
How do I belt blouse?
The fourth task is the closet clean out.
Closets should consist of fewer clothes and more outfits to choose from, which is why I weed through your wardrobe as I style you.
This is a very sensitive part of the process, because even if we don’t want to admit it, we are all emotionally tied to our clothing. It’s important that you know, I will never make you get rid of anything you are not ready to get rid of. I will simply bring to your attention anything that’s ill-fitting, unflattering or outdated, so that if you’re ready to part with it, we can say goodbye to the item together.
If you don’t have a particular charity you would like to donate those pieces to, I donate them on your behalf to SAFE Austin.
The last piece is creating a shopping list.
While I’m a firm believe in fewer clothes, more outfits, there are sometimes holes to fill in your closet. That’s where the shopping list comes in; it’s your guide to knowing what helpful additions to buy. Pieces like a black pencil skirt or open-toe stacked heels or a long, silver pendant necklace might be just the thing to elevate what you’ve already got in your wardrobe.
After the session, I also send you my Greer Guide to Style resource booklet, which includes the shopping list, my hair stylist recommendation, closet tips, a reputable tailor in your area and more.
What You'll Get
- 90-minutes of personal attention, expertise and advice to get your wardrobe and style back on track
- Color analysis: Learn exactly what colors look best on you and why.
- Personal styling: I create 10-20 different outfits you've never thought to put together from your current closet.
- Style + body education: I want you to feel empowered in your style, which means I teach you simple, styling techniques as I work through your closet.
- Closet clean out: We'll get rid of anything ill-fitting, unflattering and outdated that you're ready to part with.
- Organizational tips to improve the aesthetic, layout and navigability of your closet
- Lookbook of styled outfits to reference in the future
- Unwanted item donation to SAFE Austin
- Personal color palette color tool
- The Greer Guide to Style digital resource booklet
- Shopping list of new items to acquire
- The Greer Style Boards to explore your individual style
- Hair stylist recommendation
- Tailor recommendation in your area
- The Greer Style Profile questionnaire
- GIC discounts to local businesses
- List of items to tailor from your closet
- Makeup artist recommendation
This Session is Perfect for You if
You consider yourself creative, but can’t seem to think creatively about what’s in your closet.
You want stylish and practical outfits for an upcoming vacation or work trip.
You want a fresh perspective on the closet you’ve starred into a thousand times.
You’re a quick learner and want a jumping off point to create more outfits on your own.
You’ve never worked with an image consultant before and want a taste of what it’s like.
You know there’s good stuff in your closet, but keep going back to the same outfits again and again.
You want to learn your color palette, body type and how to style what you’ve got.
You love bold colors and patterns, but are lost on how they can all work together.
You’ve got pieces of jewelry you love, but shy away from using them, because you're not sure how to do it.
You love fashion and want practical advice on what you’ve bought and how to style it.
Your weight fluctuates and you want to make the most out of the pieces that currently fit.
This Session Is Dedicated To
- Helping you understand the world of possibilities in your current closet
- Educating you on the shapes, styles and colors that enhance your individual style
- Letting go of pieces you no longer like (or haven't ever) to create a closet of pieces and outfits you love to wear
- Teaching you styling 101, so you can apply my techniques in the future when getting dressed
Raquel Greer Gordian is Austin’s top image consultant and personal stylist. Her mission is to demystify style and teach women that every outfit they wear is a reflection of their inherent beauty and power.